Monday, December 29, 2008

Why Finish Today?

Rather than work on anything I have in progress, I decided that I needed something new. I know this can put the other projects in danger, but I am OK with this. Besides, what do I really have in progress right now? I need to rip back the socks because they are not working. The amigurumi tiger will happen when I am ready to pick up the hook. Ice Queen is temporarily frozen, and does not want to be touched. So, really, I have practically nothing on the needles.

I am feeling a wee bit tense at present. I am working through it and preparing myself, but there is no getting around the fact that there is some stress. So, what is a good remedy to such a situation? I cannot think of anything better than lace. I thought of some special yarn, and after that it was a short leap to the right pattern. There was a brief moment of panic when I could not remember where I had placed my pattern binder. Yes, the quest for organization occasionally bites me squarely on the buttocks.

PreShawlAnyway, I am getting ready to wind the yarn and cast on for a new Swallowtail Shawl. This is going to be small, and probably a gift. I feel like this bright color is a good choice right now. This will be my first time working with Malabrigo yarn. According to Ravelry, people have finished this pattern with this yarn over 100 times, so this is probably a safe choice. I am considering beads in place of nupps, but I am not sure. Maybe I will do the nupps, and then place beads in the peaked edging. That sounds better, but perhaps a bit too busy. We will see what happens. I still have a bit to go before I need to make a decision. Ah, now that is a comforting thought.
blog comments powered by Disqus