Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Budding Halfway

I thought for sure today was going to have more time for knitting. I only made it through the seventh repeat of budding lace. Still, that is half the number the pattern calls for, so I am making decent progress. I did have something of an artificial deadline of finishing this before the year changes, but I do not have my heart set on it. I am already thinking about my next lace. It might be the Lilac Leaf Shawl (Rav link) from Knitted Lace of Estonia, but I am not sure. Yesterday, I came across some yarn in the stash I want to use, and hope it will work with this pattern.

Anyway, the yarn has been nice so far, and I am quite enjoying the Harmony tips I am using to knit the piece. I really like these wooden needles. Generally, I prefer my slick metal needles, but these are also good. I would not mind having more of the Harmony needles one day. I am not in a hurry to obtain more. I do have a nice supply of needles already.

Speaking of the quest for acquisition, I was surprised the other day. I was browsing over on the elann site, and I felt a sudden urge to purchase. I was thinking about multiple sweater-quantities of yarn. Then I snapped out of it and moved on with life. It was weird. Then again, so am I.
blog comments powered by Disqus