Thursday, December 11, 2008

What usps.com and I Have in Common*

First, we had the rain, and now we have the cold. A local newscaster said something to the effect that whether it freezes depends on what happens with the temperature. She said this while holding up a giant thermometer.

I have kept busy today, but have almost nothing of interest to show. I am nearly done with a garter scarf. I finished another Calorimetry. I have made my way through about 30% of the next bobbin of Indian Summer singles. Can you stand the excitement? I am thinking this might become a three-ply yarn. If that is the case, I will need to spin a third bobbin of singles to go with these two. Oh, dear! Did I really just write that? The local newspeoples have eaten my brain!

I have been working on a possible present for a friend. I really hope it works out the way I have it planned. I cannot write anything else about it or show pictures, as she has been known to peek in over here.

There is a holiday shindig on Saturday at Little Barn, and if I am to attend, I need to get the gift together. There is going to be one of those gift exchange things. I am not such a huge fan of them, but sometimes they work out well. I had wanted to order one of those Andean Chullo Kits, but when I last checked they were listed as unavailable until next year.

If I have my way tomorrow, I am getting out of the house and try to find adventure. There is a sale at a yarn store, and I may check out the offerings. Also, is the new knit.1 out yet? That's not a question I thought I would ever ask. Anyway, I caught the preview, and it looks like there are good patterns in it.

*We have both been experiencing temporary online outages. What it means for you is I cannot seem to come up with coherent comments to write on your blogs. What it means for me is an actual trip to the post office.






blog comments powered by Disqus