Friday, December 05, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

I finished it this morning, and was able to block it and have it ready for the party this evening. I like this yarn, and love this pattern. Even though there was pressure associated with the bumpy beginnings of this project and the serious time-crunch, this was such a great knit. I think knowing that I was knitting this for my mom added to the enjoyment.

This was my first experience knitting with
Dream in Color Baby. I like it. It was a pleasure to knit with, I like the coloring, and blocked into beautiful lace. I am glad I decided to knit this on US 6 needles. I worked twenty-five repeats of the center chart, and the piece ended up being around 19"x68" after blocking. My only other modifications were the two eyelet rows I omitted, and I did not create the scallops on the sides in the blocking process.
blog comments powered by Disqus