Wednesday, December 24, 2008

No More Teenagers*

After a sleepless night of ripping out and re-trying the applied cord several different ways, I stumbled my way through today. I do not know if I could have slept if I did not have the hat to finish, but I am done pondering it. I am also done with the hat. The next time you see it, the son should be wearing it.

I may be a bit punchy. I caught a couple of thirty-minute, poor-quality naps. I also did a favor for a dear, elderly woman by braving Wal-Mart to pick up three things for her. To give you a clearer picture of the scene, I will let you know that my right flip-flop broke just before I entered the store.

Yes, the weather permitted flip-flops today. Earlier this week it was in the teens, and today it was in the sixties. There was also a possible tornado about five miles away from my home.

Now I get weepy at Christmas songs and Christmas movies. I definitely need the sleep. It feels a bit odd this year. It is different, but I may have a bit more peace.


*Happy Birthday, Tawn-Tawn! Congratulations on making it to the big 2-0!
blog comments powered by Disqus