Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Spin

It seems like the busier I get, the more I enjoy my ten minutes with the wheel. I had gotten out of the habit, and it feels good to be back at it. I still have days where I fail to make time to spin, and the wheel lets me know about it.

I do prefer to spin for longer than ten minutes. Still, those minutes add up, and the bobbin is filling at a steady pace. I am not in a hurry. Although I look forward to finishing the yarn and starting the mittens, I have plenty to keep me busy.

Yes, the daily spinning time is great, but I need to schedule a spinning day soon. I would like to get out the fiber bins, the spindles, the wheel, and just play. I have some fibers in the stash that I have not yet sampled. I find that to be a nice, relaxing, and inspiring way to spend time. Also, I think it would be a great break from all of the busyness. When I am trying out a new fiber, I do not yet have any expectation of the yarn I will create. I just get to know it, and see what happens. Yes, I want to do this soon. I think I might like to invite a friend to join in on the fun. That is a little scary for me. I think I should sit back down at the wheel to calm myself.
blog comments powered by Disqus