Sunday, November 09, 2008

Knit Gifts That Make You Go, "Huh?"

When I first saw Calorimetry, I did not think anything more than, "Meh." I just did not get it. Then my friend sewed the button on hers and modeled it, and I finally saw the appeal of it. I knew it would be great for me, and I could think of several other people who could use one.

I decided to knit one the other night, and I was done in no time.CalorimetryForHerjer I love Calorimetry, but there is something of a problem with it. It is a gift knit that requires a little bit of explanation. When I showed my mom the one I had knitted, she offered a kind smile and a generic compliment. Then I modeled it, and she understood why I said I would make one for her. We were soon discussing color options. I gave this to my sister-in-law for her birthday. She smiled and thanked me, and then I demonstrated what I had given her, and she liked it even more.

I think I will knit a few more of these for gifts, and for me. Oooh, and it will be another project pile in need of buttons!
blog comments powered by Disqus