Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Now with 30% More Camel

I finished binding off this shawl almost a month ago. It was close, with only about five yards of the discontinued yarn remaining. I blocked it, and then secured it in a difficult to access area of the wildly piled-up room. Once I made my way to it, I attempted a photo shoot. It was not a success. I kept thinking that I would get back to it, all the while feeling bad about not getting it in the mail. I finally decided that getting the shawl to the owner is more important than modeled pictures, so you only get to see it being blocked. Sorry.

When I wrapped myself in the shawl in its lumpy-bumpy, pre-blocked state, it did not look like it would be very big. I knew the size of the Noro one, and I had only knit one more repeat of the main chart on this one. The blocking was magic, and if I were not so fond of my friend, I would keep this for myself, too.


Yarn: Froehlich Wolle Camel 70% superwash wool/30% camel (discontinued), 3 skeins
Needles: US 6 (4.0mm) Knit Picks Options
Size: 86"x43"

blog comments powered by Disqus