Monday, January 15, 2007

Uh-oh

Today, I feel stranded. I don’t quite know how I missed the mistake. I know that if you had been able to see it, you would have considered how and whether to gently inform me of the error. I sat down to knit on the vest today and as I neared the end of the round, I discovered my blunder. I blinked hard and looked again to be sure I was seeing correctly. I counted and compared knitting to chart. I carefully examined to see if it was something I could duplicate stitch or somehow otherwise fix without ripping back eight rounds. It is not. The problem is with the little houses you couldn’t see in the picture the other day. Even if I had uncurled the top of the knitting so you could see the houses, the error would not have been visible because it was on the other side of the vest. I’m not looking forward to this, but rip I will rip back. However, I will wait to do this until after I’ve gotten a decent night’s sleep. I didn’t catch much shuteye last night. Isn’t that something? It was when I was bleary-eyed and tired that I found the error.

I’ve knit four fuzzy, furry hats for the kids. They don’t take long to knit. I get the feeling of accomplishment from completing the caps and the nice feeling that comes from helping others. I know that I will feel good when I can finally give Mom her sweater, but I’m trying to stay relaxed about that.


I still have been unable to accept my invite to the Arwen knitalong. Blogger is having difficulties. Truth be told, there isn’t much to show on the cardigan. I’ve passed the hem and have knit it together with the body. It isn’t much to look at, but I already love it. Straight stockinette for another seventeen inches or so appeals to me right now. Of course, I’m looking forward to the cabling on the fronts. The weather is turning back into winter here, so I know that I will have a longing to wear this soon. Still, it is also nice to knit along on a wooly project while the temperature drops. I can focus on that pleasant feeling as I rip back the vest and knit it again. Yes, that sounds like a plan.

blog comments powered by Disqus