Thursday, January 11, 2007

Challenges

I swatched for Arwen. I knit four chemo caps. I began Traveler’s Stockings. I knit the back and front of my daughter’s purse. I put in some quality time with the drop spindle. I needed to do all of these things to return to the challenge. Yes, I can now go back to knitting Mom’s vest. I had just become so frustrated that I had to give it a break. I really have made a lot of progress on it since you’ve seen it last. How about a peak? There you go. It curled at the top and you cannot see that I'm halfway through another repeat of the little houses. I’m closing in on finishing the body of the vest. If I need to buy more of the Cream, Knit Picks says that they will waive the shipping fees. I cannot say that I’ve regained my enthusiasm for the project, but I no longer dread it. I will get excited again when I am closer to finishing it.

Of course, Stranded is not my only challenge. I have again enrolled in Discovery Health’s National Body Challenge. It kicks off this weekend. Seeing as how this is the beginning of the National Body Challenge, this seems like the right time to post a picture of my exercise space. Rather than showing you my living room where I workout, I decided to share a picture of my exercise stuff. I have been an in-home exerciser for a few years now. This is what works best for me, and it is what I have been able to stick with. I put in a dvd and get moving. It does not matter what the weather is like outside. It does not matter what time it is. I don’t have to worry about bugs, animals, or traveling time and traffic to a suitable destination. I can don whatever attire is best suited to exercising without concern to how it will impact others. When I’m done, I can peel off my sweaty clothes and head straight to my own shower. I can choose from a variety of workouts just by pulling a different dvd from the shelf. I can make a big change to my routine with a modest investment in a new dvd. Like I say, I still don’t love working out, but I can do this. The best exercise is the one you’ll do.

Since I’m committing myself (shhh, be nice) to challenges left and right, how about one more? I will go 100 miles by April 1st.
blog comments powered by Disqus