Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Options

Raise your hand if you thought this was going to be a post about the new KnitPicks Options knitting needles. Hmmm...I guess most of you rightly discerned that I would have been unable to keep quiet if I had ordered them, and that I would not have waited for them to arrive to begin blathering on about the subject. Now, just because I haven't made an order doesn't mean I don't have something mailbox related to share. Monday was a wonderful mail day. I received the lovely Cashsoft from Louise, which in and of itself was enough to make my day. As I flipped my way through the rest of the mail I did not expect anything else to delight me, but I received a happy surprise. My epoll reward had arrived. I had cashed in my points for an Amazon.com gift certificate awhile back. I hadn'’t expected it to show up this soon. I think I'm going to buy knitting books, of course, but which ones? I reviewed my wish list; at first this only spawned more indecisiveness. In order to narrow things down a bit I considered what types of things I most like to knit. I love knitting many things, but perhaps lace, socks, and shawls most. Next I thought about the books that have spent so much time on my wish list but haven't made their way into my library for some reason or another. I think I have whittled down the list of possibilities to a more manageable number.

The finalists:

Folk Shawls Cheryl Oberle
A Gathering of Lace Meg Swansen
Knitting Vintage Socks: New Twists on Classic Patterns Nancy Bush
Sensational Knitted Socks Charlene Schurch
Shawls & Scarves: The Best of Knitter'’s Magazine

If it were up to you, which of these books would you choose? Are there any books on this list that you would advise me to avoid? If you must, you may nominate a different book than the ones I have listed. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
blog comments powered by Disqus