Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Don't Let the Name Fool You


I don't know about you, but Thorn and Thistle doesn't make me think of anything I'd like to have next to my skin. Still, I like my new summer top. It is so soft and lovely. The picture does not do it justice. I was using the self-timer function of the camera to take the photo. I would have enlisted my husband's help, but he isn't wild about taking a million shots (he would say that they all look good and that he can't tell the difference between them) for me to declare that I don't like any of them, and then to hear me drone on and on about how I dislike my body. I can't say that I blame him. I'm trying to keep busy to drown out my own thoughts on the subject because I'm just not in the mood to put up with me. I still have to weave in the ends from doing the crochet finishing around the neck and arm openings (my, oh, my, how that made a difference), wash it again, and then it will be ready for wearing. Well, I guess I won't be wearing it until I can calm down a bit and really love the top again properly. I go through a bit of post project dislike in which I feel I didn't knit well enough, I'm ugly, I'm fat, it's not good enough, blah, blah, blah. Yeah, just typing it makes me tired and bored. You don't want to spend time in my head. I'm thinking of stepping out of it for awhile, but I've never quite perfected that move. Besides, getting back in can be particularly tricky. Enough of that. I know that if I'm boring myself, I've likely lost most of you.

Are you ready for the details (as best as I can recall them)?
Pattern: Thorn & Thistle from
IK SU 2006 by Joan Forgione
Needle: Denise Interchangeable US 6 (4mm)
Hook: Susan Bates Silvalume Size E/4 (3.5mm)
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece Coral Sunset (3 skeins, I'm pretty sure)
Size: 36 1/2" (that's how the pattern sized it)

2 comments:

  1. That top is really pretty. It's alot like Soleil, which I hope to finish someday. I like the color, too. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I love the color and it looks wonderful on you!!

    ReplyDelete