Friday, March 24, 2006

All Those Socks

I gathered up all the small balls of yarn for the March Madness project, and it made me stop and think. I thought about all the different pairs of socks I had made. I recalled the different knitting lessons I learned and new techniques I tried. I reflected on who received each pair. I got the itch to knit more socks. On the needles now are socks for my nephew. I just got him to try one on that had made it about halfway down his foot. I wanted to check the fit, but we just weren't on the same wavelength. I asked him how it feels, and he told me that he likes socks that make it all the way to the end of his toes. Yes, dear, I'll keep knitting. The good news is that what I have knit so far fits him pretty well. The other good news is that I have already mailed out my contribution for March Madness. It should be there soon.
blog comments powered by Disqus