Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Shamrocks!

Over at The Knitting Zone, they are having a knitalong for Jackie E-S's Frolicking Shamrocks socks. There is also a free companion pattern for wristlets. I've looked at these socks before, but was a bit unsure. I think I have a plan to change it up a bit. I love the beading, but there is quite a lot of plain knitting. That can be a bit tedious, so I'm going to try something a bit different. After the beading, I plan to carry the frolicking shamrocks patterning down the leg and top of the sock using purl stitches. Actually, I think I will be doing that in reverse. I want to start the socks at the toe. Yes, this is another change, but not a biggie. However, I have already prestrung my beads as per the instructions. Since I don't plan to battle those beads whilst knitting the rest of the sock, I've got a bit more prep work to do before I finally cast on for these puppies. Yes, I am behind everyone else, but I finally did finish the socks for my sweetie pie that have been on the needles for so long. I'll get him to pull the socks on long enough to take a picture. We're in the midst of a warm spell around here, so he's not going to be wearing these socks just now. Oh yeah, and this is the first button I've ever made!
blog comments powered by Disqus