Friday, July 13, 2007

Sockin' and Rockin'

I love learning and trying new things. Thirassia is the first pattern I have knit which was written in a language other than English. The presence of a chart made things so much easier. Still, I read through the written instructions and think I spotted an error on Vtas 13 and 15. I am more than a bit impressed with myself. Either I have forgotten less Spanish than I thought, or my knitting abilities are greater than I had imagined. This pattern led me on a learning adventure about Spanish language knitting patterns. Tejemanejes is a nifty online knitting magazine. I first discovered it when one of the Skanky Knitters shared a link to this pattern.

It is a wonderful pattern and a quick knit. It seemed to be something of a magic pattern because I am still left with quite a bit of yarn. My modifications were to knit it toe-up and I did a different ribbing at the top. I also started the first foot on Vta 1 and the second foot on Vta 9 to make mirror image socks. The yarn is Knit Picks Essential in the color Petunia. This was my first time using this yarn and I love it. Speaking of lovely Knit Picks sock yarn, I got to feel a ball of the new Risata that one of the Skanks bought. It feels quite nice.

I am honored to receive this Rockin' Girl Blogger Award from Becky. Thank you so much! I was reading right along and was quite surprised to see my name on the list.

As part of my duties, I pass the Rockin' Girl Blogger Award on to these five:

Margene I love the feel of her blog, and she has been a great inspiration to my spinning.

Laurie Her funny, offbeat stories have brightened many a day for me.

Kimberly I think it is great that she has given fitness a place of importance amongst knitters.

Mandy Her work with Caps for a Cure is one more reason she rocks.

JenLa The pictures and the stories are a great source of entertainment for me.

I may not feel very Rockin', and I feel shaky at best about my blogging skills, but I graciously accept this special distinction. Thanks again, Becky.

I am still patiently waiting for the time that I can share my surprise.
blog comments powered by Disqus