Monday, July 02, 2007

Baby, Baby

I may have bought Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac specifically for this pattern. I think I would like to knit some other patterns in the book, but I know I will knit more of these sweaters. This is the first EZ pattern I have knit. Her instructions are different from others with which I am more familiar, but I made it just fine. I was unsure of how I would fare, so I just grabbed the unlabeled skein of soft, white, acrylic (leave me alone, it's a baby sweater) yarn and knit. It worked so well that I decided to cast on for another. I had the finished white sweater in my bag along with the variegated yarn when I was shopping for buttons and other fasteners. I did not find the right buttons for the first, but had buttons ready to go before I even cast on for the second. Minor mods: I changed this to completely seamless by working the sleeves in the round. Minor oops: She gives the directions for the buttonholes a bit later in the pattern and I had to fix my error. I do not know what I was thinking. I guess I was not.

I am going to see if I have enough of the Moroccan Red Cotlin left to knit one of these. It would go to one of two babies that are in process. I might also like to knit matching hats or maybe socks or booties to go along with these. I think that I have another ball of the variegated
mystery yarn and could perhaps knit another set.

In other knitting news, I did not begin knitting for MS3. There is a bead issue. I may try something different. In other non-knitting news, we were missed an adventure Saturday night. Apparently, there were pigs running amok in the neighborhood wreaking havoc. We would like to have seen it, but maybe it was best that we were not here.


blog comments powered by Disqus