Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

It may not be original to say that Thanksgiving is a favorite holiday of mine because of the focus on thankfulness, but it's true.  And I have so many reasons to be thankful, and thinking about them makes me feel even more thankful.  I'm not going to list them all, but I'll name a few, and I'm starting with you.  I suppose if I were a better writer, I might be able to express how and how much the connections, relationships, and inspirations I've had from blogging have added to my life.

I'm thankful for my family, and writing about that is even more challenging and complicated than writing about blogging.  I had a wonderful time with them today.  I had hoped to get more photos, but this was it.  These three occupied most of my time today--in fact, it was someone else's turn to come home with us, much to the sadness of the two others. 


I'm thankful for all of the quiet hobbies I've explored that keep me company, give me comfort, provide an outlet, and engage my mind.  I closed out the evening drawing animals with my niece, listening to the Hamilton soundtrack together.  A couple songs in, and she was wondering what this music was from, and that she needs to tell her mom about it.  It might not last long, but right now, if I ask her, "What's your name, man?" she responds, "Alexander Hamilton."         
blog comments powered by Disqus