Saturday, November 25, 2017

This and That on a Saturday

Since it is Small Business Saturday, and we were so close by, we popped into a yarn shop.  It was quiet when I first entered the store with a lesson happening at a table, and busy by the time I left with some younglings (tweenies?) getting needles and yarn with grownups who seemed doubtful that any would stick with it.  In between, I bought some beautiful blue merino/cashmere/silk fiber, a boat shuttle, and some bobbins.  I considered just getting more of the fiber, but I decided to go ahead and get the weaving stuff instead.    
We also made it out for a bit of touristy sightseeing.  We had read about the Greensboro Massacre and stopped by the marker.  If you feel so inclined, you can read more (and see it, too--there is video) about it.  We found the inscription on the sign rather lacking.  

Tomorrow promises to be a big day, starting with car-packing-Tetris.  I'm not sure just how we will get it all arranged.  I'm beginning to think volunteering to bring back someone's Costco list might have been a bit ill-advised.  Ah, but we'll only have to travel with that for a few hours, and then we can rearrange the car again (and again).      
blog comments powered by Disqus