Thursday, October 29, 2015

Twenty-Nine

I guess it all started with what I thought was an innocuous comment a couple of months ago.  We were talking about upcoming family gatherings.  What is something of a troublesome spot is whether to have the football game on the television or not.  I fall firmly on the not side of things for many reasons.  My birthday begins a cluster of birthdays (mine, a brother-in-law, a niece, a sister-in-law) that occur in the space of ten days, so we usually just have one party.  Anyway, when I joked that there should be no football because it would also be my SuperSpeshulMagicPrincess40thBirthday, I accidentally set something in motion.  My birthday celebration became its own separate party, people decided the details should be a surprise for me, and it just kept growing, with secret Pinterest boards and everything, apparently.  

I only wish my photography skills were up to capturing the wonderful job they did.  We had a great time, and I'm keeping the decorations up at least until the end of the week. 

       
 
blog comments powered by Disqus