Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Due to Weather...

When I got ready to attend SAFF, I was probably most excited about the spinning class.  I had never attended one, so I was really looking forward to the formal instruction, and the topic of the class, spinning faster, sounded like just the thing for me.  Then, SuperstormSandy came along and my class was canceled.  I was disappointed, but knowing what others went through and how they continue to be affected by the storm really made it difficult to feel too sorry for myself.  Still, I wish I had been able to take the class because I had hoped to learn so much.  

Although I have been spinning for a few years now, I continue to have about the same productivity level, and that is not too good.  This is not really too much of an issue, but sometimes I have a timetable for a project.  Take for example, the scarf for my sister-in-law.  I would really like to have it ready to send to her for Christmas.  The trouble is, I have so much going on right now, and so many other things I want to do.  For now, I just pop in a spinning dvd and hope that listening to Judith MacKenzie as I spin is helping, and even if it is not, it is a good way to pass the time.  Most recently, I have watched discs on silk and camelids, and I have found them to be fascinating.  I have even learned a nifty way to remember the difference between Bactrians and Dromedaries, but not everyone finds that as interesting as I do.  Anyway, along the way, I have picked up on some little tips that I hope I will be able to put into practice.  Watching her spin is inspirational to me, and that is always good.  I am spinning a three-ply, and I am already finished with the first single and have started the second.  


However, the spinning has to wait for a couple of days, because I have to cook a turkey, make good cranberry stuff and little s'more pies, and find ways to fit everything in the refrigerator.  Maybe in between things I can work on the millions of crocheted blanket blocks I need to finish and then assemble, but I have a few more weeks to complete that project.  Yesterday I made four blocks (and wove in ends!) and assisted in taking children for photos.  It is good that I love people, or else I would not have been able to bear that adventure.   

I will close this with a note of thankfulness.  There are many people and things I am thankful for, but tonight, I am thankful to have a working light in our bathroom.  That was not something we had last night or most of today.       
blog comments powered by Disqus