Monday, April 13, 2009

It Sounds Worse Than It Really Is

For today, that is in reference to my voice. Seriously, I unintentionally scared someone on the phone.

OT: What's going on?
me: Not much, how are you?
OT: What is happening?
me: Easter is tomorrow. Be at Nana's at one.
OT: Sarah, what is wrong?!?!
me: Oh, I have the crud.
OT: You scared the #%$@ out of me.

We will skip a physician rant and just say that I am having difficulty feeling the love for them. I probably just need to suck it up and find a different one. Also, my regular doctor was not even the one I saw on Friday. I still find myself a bit annoyed when I think back on it. It makes me hope even more that I am recovering because I just do not want to see any of them.

The answer to the dessert question was coconut cake, and it was wonderful. It had been a long time since I had baked a cake not from a mix. I mostly followed this recipe, with a little tweaking. Additionally, I substituted her frosting with stabilized whipped cream. I baked and filled the cake Friday evening, and then frosted it Sunday morning. It all worked so much better than I had expected. The secret was timing the doses of medications just right so I could be in a state to bake.

As for my tale of knitting fail, it was, of course, my most recent attempt at a Swallowtail shawl. I ran out of yarn. Again. I ripped and re-skeined the yarn. I took the opportunity to re-check my yardage. It would seem my initial calculation was off by about 150 yards. That would explain why none of the three attempts with this yarn has worked. I still do not have an explanation on how I made such a serious miscalculation. Once I found my error, it was so obvious that the initial yardage estimation was way off, and I can only suppose denial wishful thinking is what kept me believing the lie.
blog comments powered by Disqus