Thursday, January 01, 2009

Day One, Take One

In honor of the New Year, I decided to cast on for something new. I decided that not only did I want a new project; I wanted to try something new to me. I decided on gloves. Enter Annemor #8 from Selbuvotter. I chose Knit Picks Palette in Clematis Heather and Rainforest Heather. Sometimes I think I like the color combination, and other times I feel like the pattern is lost. I believe I will keep with them, but I am going to need to frog. I did not check gauge, but rather grabbed needles, yarn and pattern before leaving the house today.

Even when I felt like I needed to go up in needle size, I kept knitting. I was just enjoying it so much. I will say that these colors and the lighting at my mom's house are not a match. It was a bit difficult to see what I was doing, but I just wanted to keep going. When I tried on the glove in progress, I knew I needed larger needles. Tomorrow can be day two, take two.
blog comments powered by Disqus