Thursday, July 03, 2008

BSJ Beginning

I started a Baby Surprise Jacket last night. This is my first real go with this pattern. I am a little excited about it. It was wonderful to be back knitting with my Skanks. We were a small group telling bad jokes while the stitches flowed. I did not make to any color changes on the BSJ, but I also have not made any decisions onBSJRomneyMohair where they will be. I am keeping notes in case I love it and want to make another like it, or if I do not and do not.

Spinning is going well. So many fibers called for their turn when I looked through the stash yesterday. I am finishing off the last 50g of some purple fluff. I divided and spun the first 25g last night. This is my second go with this bag of fiber. I believe it is a Romney/Mohair blend. I spun up most of it a while back. I think I am doing much better this time. Maybe I will make it through the rest tonight. The wheel is ready.

Then again, I have pies to make for tomorrow's gathering. My sister asked me to bring two S'more Pies. They are so good.
This pie can usually convince the daughter to attend a family event. There is also a rumor of homemade ice cream. We are going to have too much food for this, and very little of it should be allowed to follow us home.
blog comments powered by Disqus