Monday, January 07, 2008

Handful of Handspun

The verdict is not yet in on my latest spinning. I plied this afternoon, and now it is skein-washing time. If it needs a bit more help, I will treat it harshly. It is the Romney/Mohair blend. I think I have about 200 yards of this yarn, now. This was a pretty quick spinning to finished yarn adventure.

HandfulOfHandspunI will share with you some spinning that I think will work, and one finished mitten. I spun up the superwash a while back, and it rested for quite some time before plying. Now that I have two left mittens from two different pairs finished, I can cast on for the mates. I had begun the decreases on the top of my mitten too soon and had to rip back and add a few more rounds of plain knitting, but now I think I have it right. I have not woven in the ends or washed it so I can better match the right mitten to what I have done on the left. I suppose I could weave in ends, but that is not the task for today.

I was a bit distressed to read that Sock Madness 2 is in danger of not happening. It was such a neat event last year, and I hoped to participate again this year. Hop on over and add your input, and help, if you can.

Still no word on my Knit Picks order. I just did another check on the gmail to see if there was a notice of it shipping, but no such luck. However, I did get a surprise. It would seem that there has been a hiccup in my gmail notification. I was wondering why I the inbox was so quiet. Now I must catch up from the fourth, onward. I do feel a little better, and some insecurities have been quieted.

Speaking of insecurities, I had a bad dream the other day. I took a nap after posting the colors for my EPS Fair Isle Yoke Cardigan. I dreamed that I got all of these nasty emails and comments about how those colors would not work, and that I did not understand the pattern.

Continuing on this thread, I am not sure if I am making it out to knit with the Skanky Knitters tonight. I do not know if I am up for it or not. My husband is off visiting his sister. If he returns in time for me to go, then it is meant to be. If not, I will give it a go next Monday. I will get ready for it just in case. Also, I have to catch up on email.
blog comments powered by Disqus