Saturday, June 02, 2007

Wrapping Up the Round

Look what arrived in the mail the other day! Brittany knit this beautiful Shedir. I was going to wait to show it off when I could also show you the lovely gifties she sent to me and the other Skanky Knitters. Problem is, I haven't gotten to deliver the thoughtful gifts, and I do not want to spoil the surprise. Anyway, I did pretty well knitting chemo caps this round. We had two places to donate hats this time--one for children, and one for adults. Including Brittany's, I shipped sixteen hats. I guess that means it is about time to draw for the prizewinner amongst those who knit and donated a Shedir. I am excited. I also looked into sponsoring the next round and found a local cancer treatment center that would like to receive caps.

Speaking of contests, be helpful and get in on fabulous drawings over at Mandy's. She is preparing to participate in a Relay for Life event.

The smoke from the fires in Georgia and Florida made it this way. This has my head all stuffed up and my ears and throat irritated. It has also kept me inside a bit more than I would have hoped. It has kept me from getting outside and trying to capture wild animals. Each spring I try to catch, tame, and find homes for new kittens. I am rarely successful.

I am close to finishing Festive, but a picture of it would not be very exciting. I have the back, left front, and most of the right front (midway through armhole shaping) finished. I guess I need to decide whether I am going to make changes to the sleeves. It might be more trouble than it is worth. On a happier note, I believe I purchased more than a sufficient quantity of Cotlin to make this top. I may use the leftovers to knit a baby sweater. I am itching to try the baby sweater from EZ's Knitter's Almanac. There is a crop of new babies growing, and I think I might like to knit this for some of them.


blog comments powered by Disqus