Monday, June 25, 2007

What a Week

With all that has happened, it seems like the last week must have had a few extra days. We had the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am doing my best to keep focus on the good, because there is little I can do about the other.

Friday, we had a wonderful, laid-back birthday celebration for my sweetheart. He thanks everyone for the birthday greetings. While the presents I purchased him did not arrive on time, most of them showed up the next day. The day was a busy and long one. It was so cute that he got excited about his birthday and could not sleep. That meant that he needed to sleep a bit during the day. This left me time to seek out medical attention for my ear infections. That is a story in itself. Add to this the fact that we kept the five-year-old nephew, and you see just how full the day was. Still, it was good.

I had packages arrive last week, too. One was expected, and one was a surprise. They both arrived on Thursday. I purchased some merino/mohair roving on eBay. I chose the purple, but they also included a small sample of a colorway they call mint julep. It is pretty stuff. My happy surprise was a package from my grandmother. She made it out to Estes with my aunt, and they picked out some cashmere, angora, pygora, alpaca/pygora blend, Regia Bamboo, and Crystal Palace Kid Merino. I am going to have a great time with this fiber and yarn. It should keep me busy for quite some time.

I've already given some of the mint julep a test spin. That was my first time working with merino or mohair, let alone, a blend. It went pretty well, but I just spun a few yards. I have some Corriedale singles ready to ply, and then I think I am ready to begin a spinning project. I think I want to have a planned project on one spindle, and I will use the other to try out different fibers. Of course, this may change. I have a couple of projects I would like to spin for now. Maybe that means I need another drop spindle. I am just kidding. I have so much, and I am thankful for it all.
blog comments powered by Disqus