Wednesday, March 14, 2007

One Round Down

I made it through the first round of Sock Madness. The pattern for Round One is called Mad Cow Socks. I knit this pair in less than twenty-four hours through stresses I gladly admit I am already beginning to forget. It is nothing worth mentioning, especially when I consider one of my fellow participants persevered through medical messes. Still, it was a stressful weekend for me, and I am glad to have had knitting to see me through it. It is also nice to have the self-imposed strain of a knitting competition. It is fun, and beats the real-life stuff. It reminds me of soap operas. There is no need to take it seriously. I am quite pleased with the pleasant way people are conducting themselves in this event. Helpfulness and encouragement abound.

I finished plying, skeined, and the new yarn is soaking. After it dries and I check my yardage, it will be time to decide on a pattern. I am trying to choose between the Swallowtail Shawl from Fall 06 IK and Shetland Triangle from Wrap Style. My yardage may be the determining factor. If you have any thoughts, please, feel free to share.

2 comments:

  1. Your Mad Cows are quite nice, love the colors. And I agree, I am totally pleased with the comeraderie -- I'm often more competitive than I ought be and it's been great that folks have been so chatty and that the competitive switch has been left on its low setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:25 PM

    Can I just say that I love the name "Mad Cow"? What a name for socks. But they are quite nice, though.

    Good luck in Sock Madness. I don't know if I can handle all that knitting pressure!

    - MJ

    ReplyDelete