Sunday, October 30, 2005

New Decade

I had a round birthday on Saturday, October 29th. You know, one of those ending with a zero. It has turned out pretty well, and I'm ready for my new decade. I'll sum up my birthday with three words: Cookies, Cake, and Love. I'm still trying to be good about not buying more yarn until I knit up more of my stash. Combine this goal with my ongoing efforts to get in better shape, and I hope to soon be ordering a new exercise set to add to my workout regimen.

My ALF has also progressed nicely, as I have a mere 18 rows left to knit. There are, however, 437 sts in each row now, and six rows from now the shawl will have reached its full 443 stitch width. I finished knitting a Kiri in worsted weight yarn for a Christmas gift. Yes, I have completed a Christmas gift before Halloween! We'll just see how well I do with the rest. I knitted Kiri on US 10.5's, worked seven repeats of the lace pattern, and did a garter-stitch border rather than the lace one. I really like it, and would use it myself if it weren't going to be a gift. This is the second Kiri I've knit this year, and the first one was also gifted. It is such a lovely shawl, and I just may have to knit it again someday.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:18 PM

    Oh, happy birthday Sarah! You will love your next decade... I'm curious to see how Kiri looks like in worsted. I agree with you, it's one of those patterns to come back to in the future.

    You should try it in Kidsilk Haze like I did. Hoo boy. But it was well worth it!

    - MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm going to try and get the camera out today and post a pic of the Kiri in worsted. One of these days I'm going to get brave enough to get out the KSH and go for it.

    ReplyDelete