Saturday, January 16, 2021

If You Haven't...{first in a series?}...Have You Even Quarantined?

Will this be a recurring blog topic?  Knowing me, probably not.  While I've done some of the same things that many other people have done while staying at home, much of it isn't worth the effort of a blog post, and you probably don't have to worry about reading an ode to a loaf of bread I've baked.  Anyway, today we ask, "If you haven't colored your hair with dye bought as part of a grocery store delivery, have you even quarantined?"  Well, have you?  Up until recently, I had not.  I ordered two boxes (I knew one wouldn't be enough) of a color called Amethyst Chrome and hoped for the best not the worst.  I figured if it left the brown hair brown and made the white hair Amethyst Chrome, that would be more than good enough.  Then one day there was a horrible attack on our country, so in the midst of watching too much television coverage and doom-scrolling, I got out the boxes of hair dye and got going.    

Generally speaking, if you're going to show a physical transformation, you post a before picture.  Then again, I chose a hair dye shade called Amethyst Chrome.  If the dye takes, there is obviously going to be a difference.  So we can totally dispense with the before, right?  That being said, I know I can't get away with not showing an after, so here you go. 


It turned out alright, I think.  I don't know how it will hold up over time, and I'm not even thinking about how/whether to maintain this.  For now, I'm just going to stay at home and have purple hair. 

blog comments powered by Disqus