Sunday, December 27, 2020

Stocking Up

That advice to have two weeks worth of food and supplies during the pandemic is, generally speaking, pretty sound, wouldn't you say?  We've never had so much food in the house.  I find it by turns comforting and anxiety-provoking.  It is good to know that we are prepared, but the very real reasons to be prepared this way is not so good, and that's just part of what I think about and feel when I look in my kitchen.  

For a moment, let's move to a different part of the house.  Now, pre-pandemic, it had been quite a while since I had bought yarn, and when I did, it was not much at a time.  I already had an abundant supply.  For the people who guessed that being home all the time would increase knitting output, they guessed incorrectly.  The stress of *gestures broadly* has left me knitting significantly less.  I've noticed that with a lot of other knitters, too.  So, yeah, what I'm saying is, over the course of these months, I have acquired more yarn.  While it makes me a bit uncomfortable (for a number of reasons) to show these purchases and gifts, I'm going to do so anyway.  Perhaps the yarn has been waiting on its blog debut before it could make its way to my needles.  Yeah, I don't believe that either, but we'll just go with that for now.  

At any rate, it's a good excuse to blog a bit more, and now that I've taken pictures, I can add a photo, blather on, and hit publish.  

First up, is a Palette sampler.  I am a fan of Knit Picks' Palette yarn.  There are so many colors, it is reasonably priced, and versatile.  It is what I use to knit my many tiny things.  This is the Sunrise and Sunset collection.  There are so many beautiful colors.  I love these reds, pinks, purples, oranges, and blues.  Now I just need to stop gazing at the nicely boxed up set and get to knitting. 



       

blog comments powered by Disqus