Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Put Them to the Test

I wove these a while back.  They've just been waiting to be hemmed.  I could probably ctrl-c, ctrl-v those first two sentences into my draft folder and use them over and over again because I am terrible about getting to the hemming.  I could try to build up excuses for me by saying that I had to buy matching thread, but it's not much of an excuse.  If I did offer that up, I would immediately have to follow up with the fact that I bought the thread in October, and I just got around to hemming these recently.  


Anyway, these are new washcloths.  I was inspired to weave them after the linen facecloth WAL over on Yarnworker.  Yes, that was a while ago.  The yarn is Red Heart Scrubby Cotton.  I'm not too proud to admit it.  The weaving went well.  They washed up fine.  I had a little trouble hemming them.  Some of that was due to the fabric, but mostly it was due to me.  I improved as I kept going with it, so the last hem is better than the first, and I'm OK with that.  

Now it is time to put them through their paces and see how they hold up to use.  I have hopes--not high hopes, but just hopes.  I like making things we can use, and it would be nice to make a new pile of washcloths, but I won't weave any more of these until I see how this batch wears.      
blog comments powered by Disqus