Saturday, September 07, 2013

No Longer a Lack

A couple of years ago I was at a local knittogether, and the topic of unexplored knitting techniques came up between some of us.  Two of us discovered that we had never even attempted entrelac, and we decided that we should do something about our lack of entrelac.  Well, the rest of 2011 was already claimed, and there was something about 2012 that wasn't going to work, so we decided on 2013.  Add in this, that, and the other, and it was August, and we finally got down to it.  Helen chose the garterlac dishcloth pattern to help her with a blanket square project.  Since I did not want to just knit a swatch, I decided to follow in the footsteps of many a beginner and knit a scarf.  Well, at least that was the plan unless once I got past the learning I decided it wasn't something I wanted to do.  

I chose KnittyOtter's Entrelac Scarf and Tutorial, and it worked wonderfully for me.  I kept going long past the point of caring, and by the end, I was back to enjoying the process.  I adore my scarf, and have learned something new, too!   


NoLongerALack
blog comments powered by Disqus