Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hiding Isn't Working, and It's All I'm Good At

So, I was overwhelmed.  Oh, I had so many great plans and ideas.  I had about a half-dozen nearly finished blog posts all ready to go.  I only had to complete the projects, take photos, and click the publish button.  Of course, four or five crocheted hats, five woven scarves, a woven wrap, the handspun garter stitch scarf, a pair of socks, a pair of mitts, the rest of the blanket I started months ago, a challenging weaving project, some tiny things, and those other ideas that inevitably pop up this time of year take a lot longer to finish than those posts took to write.  Still, I decided that it was totally doable, as most of this is not due until the 29th.  I was making progress, but not finishing anything.  Life kept on happening, and it was not always compatible with crafting.  The next thing I know, the overwhelmed-ness starts, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve to cope and keep me going.  However, it did not take too long before it all devolved into playing Zelda and hiding from everything.  Well, that is not the grownup way to do things, and seeing the progress that my niece was making on her Christmas inspired me to get back on track.  





                 
blog comments powered by Disqus