Thursday, February 02, 2012

Happy Groundhog Day!

The forces have been conspiring against me to prevent me from enjoying the holiday, but I did not let them. Of course, it would be fairly impossible to not celebrate, as we are getting six more weeks of winter! You might have had a hard time knowing that it is still winter if you had been in my yard today, as there were bunches of cardinals, two woodpeckers up in the trees, and a blue jay eyeing the pan of cat food.

Then, I learned that today is World Ukulele Day. February 2nd is turning out to be one of the most festive days of the year, eh? Probably, I will end the day with a celebratory hot cocoa.

Anyway, it cannot be all ukuleles and groundhogs around here, so I have been doing other things. Some of them are gifties, and others are just slow and not great for progress shots. Obviously, I cannot show the giftie-bits, but I can show the slowness. I am carding fiber. I suppose I should have warned you to sit down for a moment before laying excitement like that on you, but I am wilder than ever today.
I know that I have wool and silk, but that is about all that I know. What I thought I knew was that this was going to be blended for me, but it was a misunderstanding. It is fine, because it gives me the opportunity to use my hand cards with good fiber. My previous experience has been with some not-so-stellar stuff, and my results showed it. Anyway, I am about halfway through, and now that I have cleaned up the runaway bits of fluff, it is time to take up the process again so that I can get it on the wheel.

p.s. I just received a text from my brother--Katie is going to be a big sister to a little sister!
blog comments powered by Disqus