Thursday, December 16, 2010

Still Here

However, I really do not have much to show for my time. I wove a scarf (mohair is just as much a joy to un-weave as it is to un-knit), helped out with visiting family from out-of-town, baked bread, finished one sleeve, and started another. At one point, I viewed the first sleeve as a metaphor for my life--long, gray, unimpressive, more work than it should be, and curled up on itself. Then I laughed at how ridiculous I was being and started the second sleeve.

Of course, I have been doing other things. There is lace, and it is very good, but it is sooper-sekrit for just a little while longer. Knitting lace is always good, and this pattern is fun and just a little bit different. Making this from fabulous yarn for a great person has also added to the enjoyment. I can probably show this to you next week, but the weather keeps interfering with things. I would cross my fingers, but I really need them to finish my sweater, and the temperatures have definitely been wool-worthy.
blog comments powered by Disqus