Monday, June 07, 2010

Never Let Bitterness Take Root

The name, Bitterroot, has always bothered me. In fact, I almost would not knit it because of the name. Bitterness is such an unfortunate condition, and once it takes root it is even more difficult to remove. Still, it is such a pretty shawl, it did inspire me to reflect on the condition of my heart, and that is good. Also, it was an enjoyable knit, and the experience increased my confidence in my spinning. While I was a bit disappointed to run out of yarn, I was quite pleased to be able to spin more and have it match what I had done months ago.


So, I am sure you are all wondering who will get this shawl. Well, since no one guessed that planting marigolds makes either, "All I Need is a Miracle" (just substitute marigold for miracle) by Mike + the Mechanics, or "Marigolds" by Glen Phillips play in my head, I needed to find someone else. Then, on Mother's Day, I was talking to my grandma, and when I described what I had been knitting, she asked that I not give it away before she can see it when she visits next month. Clearly, this means that the shawl should be for her. If I had known that it was going to be hers, I would have knit the smaller version, as she is tiny, and this shawl is huge. Still, it will keep her warm, and I am so excited to give it to her.


blog comments powered by Disqus