Friday, December 11, 2009

Float-y Brain Friday

An unsettling thought invaded my brain earlier this week. It went something to the effect of, "I don't think I want to knit, crochet, or spin. Maybe I do not like any of them." I walked past the stash, and the thoughts made me feel a bit ill. I looked at the books for inspiration, and a wave of meh washed over me. I did housework, slept, ate a candy bar, but mostly I sat, staring off into space. My brain was all swim-y and float-y. I conquered more household chores.

Then it was time to knit with friends, and I could not find the will to form a
single stitch. So, I grabbed a drop spindle and fiber, and headed out the door. I had a little coffee, chatted it up with friends, and twisted a bit of fluff. I have stuck with the mildly sparkly and now I have finished spindling the first half of the fiber I received back in June. While it is true that there were only a few grams left, I am calling this a win. Maybe I will start the second half soon.

I have seen this coming for a while, so am not really surprised by it, and am taking it all in stride. With all of the housework, one might think it would be tidier around here, but I suppose the sitting while staring off into space has taken up more time than I thought. It has a reputation for doing this.
blog comments powered by Disqus