Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ending, Beginning, Ending.

Today was the final stop of the 1000 Knitters project, the first book-signing event for "It Itches.", and I was fortunate enough to participate. Speaking of fortunate, nestled around my copy of the book are two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Franklin's Panopticon colorway that my friend won.

It was such a fun day. I knit away and visited with friends. I saw old friends I have not seen in ages, and got to meet many new people, too. People were exchanging Ravelry IDs and realizing that some of the people they were meeting today were ones they had already "met" online.

Ah, but I am getting ahead of myself. I was so nervous. I wore my Festive for the event. I jabbered like an idiot while Franklin took my picture as I knit on the massive scarf. Then I made my way back to knit with everyone else. It was a wonderful event. I wish I would have taken more pictures, and that I would have gotten over my nerves long enough to get someone to take my picture with Franklin. This is not to say that my camera stayed in its bag all day. There were the campaign signs. My friend, Helen, knit a fun hat for Franklin, and he was kind enough to model it for all of our cameras and us. Then there is my free bag from Interweave along with the yarn left after casting off something you will have to wait to see. Seriously, I had finished it about two minutes before the yarn shop owner announced that it was time to clear out of the store.
blog comments powered by Disqus