Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up Wednesday

I fell off my ten minute spinning wagon with the Ravelympics, but I think a Saturday adventure was just what I needed to get me back on track. I finally made it out to Little Barn. It is fiber-ific! I had promised myself that if I ever ventured out there, I would buy a bag of silk top, and I did. I also picked up this blue because it is fabulous. Such a brilliant color often intimidates me, and I feel unworthy to claim it. I rounded out my purchases for the day with a bag of what is perhaps my favorite sheep name--California Variegated Mutant. It makes me smile, and it causes other people to crinkle up their faces in confusion when I speak of it. Anyway, I forgot to take any pictures when I was there. Next time, right? There are people knitting and spinning each Saturday that they are open, and now that I know my way there, I hope to attend more often. There is to be a big shindig October 4th for Spinning and Weaving Week. It sounds like it will be fun.My knitting progress for the weekend was next to non-existent. I picked my sister's top back up, and was knitting away on it at Little Barn. After knitting a few rounds, I had a problem. I had made a mistake on one lace repeat two rounds previous. I tried to fix it while I was there, but it was a no-go. The next time I picked up the knitting I was able to make things right again, but then my knitting time was over as quickly as it had begun.
blog comments powered by Disqus