Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tangling Without Tears

Once I had joined the sleeves to the body of the TYC, my progress seemed to stall. I took it to knitting Monday night and only managed a few rows. When I got home, I started to not feel well and was irritable (probably due to pain). I knew that the way I felt was irrational, but it was strong and I did not want to act on it. I carefully moved my knitting and myself to the back of our home to watch mindless television and knit the stockinette. Eventually the knitting clicked along and I was ready for sleep.

I was glad to feel a bit better today, so I went to second Tuesday afternoon of the month knitting. We were delayed slightly by the telephone so knitting was already in full swing by the time we got there. It was quite an interesting time knitting
with everyone. We have enjoyed the recent influx of new people attending the fun knitting times around town. I had the opportunity to visit with some knitters that I had not been able to get to know at other knit-togethers due to being on the other end of the room.

I rounded out the day by purchasing a knitting
book. I bought my own copy of Knitting Without Tears. We bought a gift card for Books-A-Million as a Christmas gift for someone who has since moved off. Sorry, sweetie, but we have not seen you since before Thanksgiving and you do not know when we will see you next. Therefore, the gift card became ours again. Anyway, I made my way through the disorganized knitting book section and chose this book. I took the book to the front of the store to pay, and set it on the counter. As I worked to juggle the knitting bag and the purse, the cashier asked the usual discount card question and then turned his attention to the book. "So, what are you going to knit me?" he asked. I replied with a loud laugh. He may have been embarrassed, as he quickly completed the transaction, and I was out the door.

I have two last things before I end today's post. A great big welcome to the world for the newest member of the Skanky family, Manuel Ramiro! A warm welcome to the newest member of the Campbell family, Kristina Marie!
Moms, Dads, and Babies are all well.
blog comments powered by Disqus