Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Faux Drama

All’s fair in love and war. War is the h-word. It’s just a game, kids. I confess to keeping the energy high in this international socknitting tournament. Have you been keeping up with what’s going on in the Sock Wars? In truth, it is merely a fun game, and I am not nearly as wrapped up in it as I may seem to be. I’m having fun. I’ve peaked in on several blogs that were new to me. Much time has been spent considering time zones and thinking about other parts of the world. I wonder if I will have an opportunity to visit any of these far-off lands. I’ve tested my internet searching skills. The fact that I have been unsuccessful at acquiring my target’s mailing address proves that I am not the excellent stalker you have believed me to be. I know you are disappointed. The Skanky Knitters have been zinging the emails back and forth. I’m the only one without a mailing address (I have completed a pair of the International Socks of Doom), three have mailed off deadly socks, one more is close, and another has had scheduling and familial conflicts which finally cleared long enough to cast on Monday night. On Sunday I took a break from the battle to complete another chemo cap. I was called out on an emergency heel flap lesson Saturday afternoon. Friday night I set down the deadly socks I was knitting to help fix those of a fellow warrior. She said that what I had done was the knitting equivalent of a soldier leaving safety to bring back a fallen comrade lying on the battlefield. I don’t know about all that, but I was glad to help. I have really enjoyed assisting my fellow Skanky Knitters with their socks. I am honored to have had a hand in teaching new knitting techniques to other knitters.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:19 AM

    LOL, I have been enjoying your sock wars posts. You said you aren't as wrapped up in it as you seem to be. Me thinks she doth protest too much. LOL. This is exactly why I didn't join, I knew it would be intense. Good luck - I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete