Thursday, September 22, 2005

Pedro's Blanket

Yes, they were calling the baby "Pedro" before they even found out that it will be a boy. Funny people, eh? This is my first lace baby blanket. I made it about 36" square, and only suffered a small burn "killing" the acrylic. That was also my first try at acrylic murder, and I must say that I am rather pleased at the results. Now, the world just waits for "Pedro." I think that the baby will actually be called John, but I'm growing rather fond of referring to him as Pedro. I finished off the edges of the blanket in seed stitch while the winds of Katrina blew all about us. I used (with a bit of variation) the lace up through Van Dyke and Rib from the Kerry Blue Shawl from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman. The blanket was a joy to knit, and I hope that the joy follows Pedro for life.
blog comments powered by Disqus