Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Two Thumbs Down, Two Thumbs Up, Nothing to See Here

With the completion of the first pair of mittens, I've decided to work on the thumbs for the other long-unfinished pair.  Hey, at least this time all of the components are already together.  Since I haven't finished them and I already gave you an unimpressive picture of soaking mittens yesterday, I'll spare you the progress shot.  I will tell you the major part that holds me up when it comes to finishing these (and almost any, but mostly colorwork) mittens--picking up the stitches for the thumbs.  I don't know why I get such a mental block about it, but I do.  I mean, the thumb is such a small amount of knitting, but transferring the live stitches from waste yarn to needles (confession:  that's as far as I've gotten on the next mitten) and then picking up the rest of the stitches drains away my will to live, and we all know that is a constantly dwindling resource on my best days.  Oh, well, I'll get through it.  Until then, here's a picture of a tiny figurine the son gave me.  I think it was a gift he received in Japan but does not want.  That's fine--I love it!        
blog comments powered by Disqus