Friday, November 22, 2019

Maybe I'm Coming Down with Something

No, not the crud that Bruce has.  I'm in total denial about the possibility of me catching that.  Besides, it would be totally unfair, as I am washing my hands all the time, wiping down everything in his wake, and sleeping all alone.  No, I'm feeling the itch, the tickle, the feverish glow of start-itis.  I would be remiss if I did not clarify that it is of the holiday gift-giving variety.  Oh, and it gets better.  I'm thinking of making for so many people who live far away, too.  We're talking about ideas of gifts for people I haven't seen in forever and their families I've never met.  It is not rational, but I feel the impulse.  

Maybe the mittens I recently knit are part of what got me thinking this way.  Of course, there's the fact that Christmas is coming, and all of the advertisements everywhere won't let me forget that.  I don't have money to buy presents, but I do have yarn.  Then there's Facebook.  Yeah, I'm not such a fan of that site, (many reasons) and I'm thinking about deleting my account.  I haven't been there for quite a while.  I used to have two accounts and I already deleted one, but now I'm thinking of deleting the other.  However, there are a few people I've reconnected with there, and I might like to stay in touch with them.  So, I was thinking of knitting for them, and then just corresponding through snail and e-mail.  I've even thought about knitting for their families, too.  It could be a nice way to strengthen connections, right?  Cowls for everyone is always a good idea.  They'd be even better if I spun the yarn, too.  Oh, boy, I'm getting carried away with this. 

I should probably be thinking of reasons why this is not a good idea.  Maybe it's weird to knit for people you knew so long ago and aren't well connected with now.  It's barely over a month until Christmas, and I would still have to calculate mailing time.  Mailing packages costs money, and I really don't have a shipping budget.  That's all true, but winter is coming.  Maybe I would make a connection that is deeper than what I had through that website.  Maybe if I just wove scarves for everyone it could be a doable plan.  Maybe I need to knit something besides a black sweater.  Maybe I just need to get some sleep.                
blog comments powered by Disqus