Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Things

I lack the words to adequately address this day. Instead, I turn to what I have done with my needles.AfghanSquareForBeth Today seemed to be the right time to begin something new. I decided to begin by honoring a commitment. A friend is in charge of organizing a community afghan, due to be raffled in February. A while back, she asked if I would knit a square for her, and I agreed. Last week, she finally posted the specifications for the squares needed for the afghan. This might be my last year contributing to this project, and I did not want to procrastinate. I searched the stash of yarn suitable for the project, fished out the appropriate needles, looked up a stitch pattern, and set to completing the task. The square is ready to be delivered to the organizer, and waits to join the work of others.

At the end of the day, it seemed right to take a chance on another new project. The Lilac Leaf Shawl from Knitted Lace of Estonia by Nancy Bush feels ready to knit. With my yarn choice, I am not taking a simple approach to the piece. My desire is to knit this from my handspun. Additionally, non-solid yarns and lace do not always work well together. It remains to be seen whether I have chosen well, but I intend to spend the rest of my evening discovering.
blog comments powered by Disqus