When I got my wheel out the other day to ply, I thought that would be the longest part of the process remaining between me and my new yarn. I planned to ply, skein, and wash, and that the yarn would dry overnight. I did not count on the amount of excess dye I would have to deal with. I lost count sometime after the seventh go-around.
Anyway, if my calculations are correct, I have about 570 yards of new yarn. The fiber is Mountain Colors Targhee Top in the Lupine colorway. It looks to be somewhere in the lace/fingering weight range, and I want to knit with it. I had hoped for Waves of Grain while I spun the yarn, so I might just try it soon.