When I first thought of knitting a February Lady Sweater, there was no doubt in my mind that it would be for me. However, I did not get around to starting one until NaKniSweMo. I thought of making one for me and one for my sister. I loved the idea of using the same yarn in different purples. I had one that I knew she would prefer, and I love the other. I thought that I would knit mine first, working out any modifications and stumbling through any problems. Then I would knit hers, and it would benefit from any improvements. Then I thought that it would be better to knit hers first so that it could be a Christmas present. Also, if I did not have it in me to knit back-to-back FLS, hers would be done.
There is another reason I knit the FLS for my sister. If you remember the Annie I was knitting for her, you might also recall my worries about its size. Well, I put it on waste yarn and tried it on me. It was too big. My gauge was correct. I decided to do a little research. It did not take long to see why I was displeased with the way this top was going. You see, when I first purchased the pattern, the only modeled picture was on a mannequin. I thought it was going to be close fitting. I did not have the benefit of the human modeling it with a belt. This was not the look my sister wanted. I will give this top a go again in the smaller size, and hope it works. However, I am not so keen to start it again just yet. The big fail has squashed my enthusiasm for the project for now.
When I knew what must be done, I could not immediately frog it. I had to set it aside and try to shake off the experience. It kept creeping in on me, leaking anxiety onto my other knitting. I finally was able to move on, and was ready to do what had to be done. Satisfying.