Wednesday, November 02, 2011

New Adventures in New Places

We have a new yarn store in town. I finally had the opportunity to stop in and see it for myself. It was great to see the vision Nina has for the store, and she even put on a pot of coffee so we could sit and chat for a bit. I had a great time at Fiber Art Work, and picked up a little bit of yarn for something I will probably knit after the first of the year.

Not only does she have lovely yarn, but she also has a wonderful selection
of spinning fibers. Some of those came home with me, and she included a bonus sample for me to try, too. To get the word out about her store, she is giving out samples of fiber or yarn each month to anyone who joins her Ravelry group and requests the sample. Then if you create something with your sample (spin the fiber or knit the yarn) and share a picture of it in the group, she will send you another sample the following month. It is open to both local fiber folks as well as those far away.

I love my sample batt, and cannot wait to get it on the wheel.
blog comments powered by Disqus