Sunday, November 06, 2011

Chirp...chirp....chirp

How about a story to start our time together?
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?*
FirstCricketLoomScarfHowever, this is neither the story of a grasshopper nor an octopus, but rather, a cricket--My New Cricket. A while back, (the morning of Bruce's surgery, to be exact) I found an excellent deal on a used Schacht Cricket Rigid Heddle Loom. I love this little critter! It is portable, compact, I enjoy weaving with it, and the loom waste is minimal. While I have not had as much time as I would like to weave, I have managed to finish one scarf already. I thought I was going to be weaving a different pattern (weaving is still very much a learning adventure for me), but I really like what I wove. I might donate it to the Red Scarf Project, but as it is not superwash, I am not sure.

*I still believe Futurama to be the most quotable show, even though these are the kinds of quotes I tend to share.
blog comments powered by Disqus