Thursday, November 02, 2017

To Bamboo, or Not To Bamboo--Is That Really a Question?

Well, I've finished a sweater, don't feel like picking up Bridgewater, and the weather has turned a bit bleh, so knitting just isn't really doing it for me.  My inspiration is running a little low.  That can have many causes, but I think a need to straighten and organize is tops on the list this time.  So, I've been doing a bit of that.  Sometimes I get a bit messy when I'm in the midst of things, and that's why I have the same cycle of tidying/creating/messiness repeating.  It's not ideal, but I do find ways to make it work better for me.  When I'm feeling a bit meh about creating, I can clean without taking time away from some project I'd rather be doing.  It also prepares my space for when I am ready to go again and helps me find things.  The other helpful part is rediscovering things I haven't thought about in a while.  It's kind of like the magic of shopping in your own stash.  

In between organizational sessions, I'm weaving.  Once I did the hem-stitching at the beginning of this piece, I was able to get rolling with the weaving, and I think I'm probably somewhere around the halfway point, so that's good.  I think I've decided on the yarn for the Twill Be Done Weave-Along.  I'm having a little trouble focusing on the new-to-me terms associated with this, but I'll get there.  

All of that is well and good, but it doesn't help me with the need to have something to do while I'm sitting on the couch watching television.  So, embroidery, yeah?  That's what I'm thinking.  I stitched a panda on a handkerchief, and I could start a new handkerchief, but I'm thinking of some bamboo on the opposite corner.  What do you think?
     
blog comments powered by Disqus